Frequently Asked Questions
Quickly and easily find answers to the most common questions we get asked.
To use the Pay a Person feature, you must have an open checking account and debit card with our credit union. You must also have the available funds in your account to send the transfer. You cannot send money using your checking or savings account number.
Currently, we do not have a contracted agreement with these products, but we hope to have Zelle soon – please stay tuned for future updates!
If you would like to send money from your credit union account using Cash App, PayPal, Venmo or Zelle, you must initiate the transfer within their system. Also, if you encounter any issues while setting up your credit union account, please contact their technical support team directly for further assistance.
- Log into digital banking and select the Pay a Person widget.
- Click the Launch Pay a Person button.
- Enter in the recipient’s email or phone number and then confirm it. You can check the box to remember the contact for future transfers.
- In the About Your Payment section, you may enter in a memo, if you would like, and the transfer amount. (Please note: There is a $1.00 fee to use this service and it will be calculated into the total).
- In the About Your Account section, enter in your debit card number with our credit union. You cannot send money using a debit card at another financial institution. If you do, you will receive an error message that the card is not valid. If you have used your debit card previously, it should be automatically saved.
- Once you accept the terms of service, you may click the Send button.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter in the PIN for your debit card. As an extra security feature, the numbers will randomly scramble.
- Once you have entered your PIN and click the Submit PIN button, your transfer should go through.
- Your recipient will receive an email or text letting them know you sent them money. They can click the link to enter their debit card information to claim the funds or elect to receive via ACH by entering their checking account information.
Within the Pay a Person menu, you can click the Transaction History option to view the details of past transfers. For example, you can see the date and time that the transfer was initiated, the amount of the transfer, who it was sent to, and the status (ex. Sent, Received, Cancelled, etc.). If a transaction is still in Sent status (i.e., has not been claimed by the recipient), you will have the option to cancel the transaction.
Currently, there is not an option to request money from an individual.
Yes, you may update your debit card information by going to the Pay a Person menu and selecting the Account Settings option. Within the Account Settings screen, you can add a new debit card and delete a current, saved debit card.
You may update your saved recipients by going to the Pay a Person menu and selecting the Manage Contacts option. Within the Manage Contacts screen, you can edit and delete your saved contacts. You may also add new recipients by clicking the +Add New Recipient Contact link.
Your recipient will receive an email or text message, depending on the method that you chose. The email/text message will contain a link to the secure, Pay a Person/Payzur website where they can claim the funds.
Your recipient will be prompted to enter in their first name, last name, debit card number, and the expiration date for their debit card.
If they are not able to accept the transfer with a debit card, they can use the checking account option instead. There is a link to receive with your checking account underneath the debit card expiration date boxes.
For the recipient to accept a transfer with their debit card, two requirements must be met.
- Their financial institution must allow account-to-account (A2A) transactions on debit cards.
- Their debit card must run on one of the following, six supported Payzur debit card networks: CULIANCE, STAR, NYCE, ACCEL, SHAZAM, or PULSE.
The recipient can claim the transfer with their checking account instead, but they will not have the funds immediately – it takes 2-3 business days.
Yes, we can resend the link to your recipient. Please call us or send a secure message through digital banking.
There is not a way for us to update the email or phone number that was used for the transfer. If the money has not been claimed by the recipient, you may cancel it through the Pay a Person Transaction History menu option. You may also contact us and we can cancel the transfer on your behalf if it has not been accepted yet.
If the funds have been claimed, the transfer cannot be cancelled. You can cancel the payment if the funds have not been accepted by the recipient. To cancel a transaction, go to the Pay a Person widget and select Transaction History from the menu. You will be able to cancel transactions in a Sent/Pending status. Additionally, if the recipient does not claim the funds within 10 calendar days, the money will be automatically returned to you.
The funds, minus the $1.00 fee, will be returned to your checking account right away when a transfer has been canceled.